Thursday, July 5, 2012

Rose Cream


I admit it - I made cupcakes from a cake mix. I did, however, top them with a wickedly delicious rose cream made out of my very own roses. It had such a lovely taste - creamy, and slightly turkish delighty. Very nice. I think this would make a delicious pannacotta too - one day I might get around to trying it.

Ingredients 
2 handfuls rose petals
125g sugar
500ml cream

Method
In a mortar and pestle pound the rose petals and sugar together until they form a paste. Add to the cream and beat until firm. Top your cake/cupcake/pudding with the cream and enjoy.

NB: You can add a bit of food colouring to make the cream look pinker if you wish. If you don't have any rose petals, or you want a stronger taste of rose, a few drops of rosewater will add more flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment