Friday, July 12, 2013

Caraway seed soup

Caraway seed soup is a light and tasty dish. It is a simple dish, ideal for fast days, and a perfect starter for a banquet.

Ingredients 

  • 2 tsp caraway seeds
  • 1 tbs vegetable oil
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1tbs flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 cups water or veggie stock


Method

  • Heat the oil and toast the seeds until they release their aroma.
  • Add the flour and let it brown a bit. 
  • Add the paprika, and pour the water or stock over.
  • Cook for 15 mins until it is silky
  • Strain the seeds, and serve with crusty bread.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I just figured out how to post on your blog Maia! I tried in vein for awhile now. But the window that opened up for comments was dead. I clicked on "classic" on the top black bar and it works for me now.

    I grew up with this soup - boy does it ever bring back memories! It has been a while since you posted. Hope you are well.

    Zsuzsa

    ReplyDelete