Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Extreme Chocolate Biscuits

I felt like a bit of a chocolate hit tonight - so I made some extreme chocolate biscuits. These are a crunchy biscuit which can be sandwiched together with cream or ganache, or served as is with a little icing. I chose the latter as I had no cream.

Ingredients

125g butter
75g sugar
125g plain flour
50g cocoa powder (the nicer the better)


Filling
either...
a ganache of 125g or chocolate melted into 50 ml of cream
or stiffly whipped cream with a hint of vanilla and cinnamon


Icing
Icing sugar
cocoa
enough milk to make an icing

nb... i added some chopped walnuts to my icing... which I obviously just threw on the biscuit... dearie dearie me. A food photographer I will never be!!

Method

Preheat oven to 160C.
Beat sugar and butter till fluffy,
Add in flour and cocoa powder and mix with hands to a dough
roll out to 1 inch thick. cut into desired shapes.

Bake for 15 minutes, until firm.

Cool, then fill and/or ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment