Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dad's carrot cake

Carrot Cake
This is my darling dad's recipe for carrot cake. My dad is an incredible cook, and has made some of the yummiest cakes and biscuits imaginable. This is the carrot cake I always think of when I'm craving for carrot cake... not too dense, not too moist, good amount of carrot and crunch from walnuts... and that delicously sinful icing. My dad recently gave me his precious recipe collection, so now I get to try them all ... 0oooh la lah! There goes my waist...

1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups finely grated carrot

Beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla until frothy. Add oil and beat well.
add sifted dry ingredients, walnuts and carrots, and fold in until combined.
place in a greased and floured square cake tin, and bake at 180 degrees C for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out cleanly. Cool and top with icing.


Icing
1 cup icing sugar
1 tbs butter
125g cream cheese

Beat all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.

1 comment:

  1. This is the most delicious cake I have ever made. And I have now made it 3 times. Tonight will be #4 and I am making it to give to a friend for her birthday tomorrow. Thank you again for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete